From JC2-MP Documentation
Revision as of 09:39, 15 March 2014 by Dreadmullet
- Scripting system using the simple but powerful Lua language. Use server-side and client-side scripts to create anything from a spawn menu to entire gamemodes.
- Server browser allows you to easily find a server and keep track of your favorites.
- Steam integration
- Join-on-friend and integration with the steam server list.
- Servers can track and ban players by Steam ID; if a server has a password-based login system, they're doing it wrong.
- An optimised network streamer means a server can support thousands of players and vehicles across Panau.
With 'synchronization', we mean that some of your actions might not show up on another players screen. For example, "grapple hook is not synced" means that if I use the grapple hook on my screen, other players will not see the grapple hook.
What is synced?
- On-foot movement
- On-foot weapons
- Vehicle movement
- Vehicle weapons
- Vehicle mounted weapons (such as turrets in jeeps)
- Vehicle spawns
- Vehicle colors
- Vehicle damage
- Stunt position
- Character models
What is not synced?
- Fixed Mounted Guns (Cannon / Flak Cannon / Fixed Mini-Gun)
- Grappling hook
- Firing weapons on bikes/ATVs
- Persistent destroyed structures
- Unoccupied vehicles
- Thrown explosives and melee
- Dual wielding